All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionA Lighter Side to Cancer shares Sandra Miniere's uplifting story and offers life-saving information about how to treat and prevent cancer using an integrative approach--body, mind, spirit and environnment. Twenty-seven authors and doctors share valuable information about the approaches she used to heal her body, mend her ways and change her life. The book includes stories by 12 cancer patients who participated in their own healing and accomplished successful results. A Lighter Side to Cancer is an enjoyable read and a call to action-a time to think and do outside the box. It is a book of possibilities and hope. In sharing her journey, Sandra inspires people to embrace their healing as they explore integrative treatment options, make informed decisions and remain open to divine intervention. In 2000, three months after moving to California from New Jersey, Sandra was diagsed with breast cancer. As an experienced holistic, body-centered counselor, she did t think this could happen to her because she was doing everything right. Sandra draws the reader into her unique, uplifting and courageous adventure through the first two years of healing from cancer and starting a new life in California. The account of her adventure is filled with humor, tears and golden insights. Instead of following the pack after her diagsis, Sandra grasped the opportunity and created a four-phase healing plan. She used the best of conventional and alternative medicine to treat her cancer. The power of attraction, synchronicity and grace guided her steps toward wellness. The miraculous showed up on her path to healing as she took action and made changes on many levels. Sandra points the reader toward integrative treatment approaches that focus on boosting the immune system, detoxing the body, eliminating underlying stressors, and developing a positive connection to life and a Higher Power. Based on her research, she chose alternative treatment approaches that removed the cancer process from her body-the system, t just had her breast removed--the symptom. She discovered the right interventions that would turn off the cancer process within her body. Her body's natural defenses against cancer did the rest. In the final chapter, she lists six valuable life lessons that will continue to keep her vibrant, healthy and cancer-free. Each chapter in A Lighter Side to Cancer highlights a significant phase of Sandra's healing. Prompted by an intense dream image, she chose to have a left modified radical mastectomy with reconstruction. Next, she received ten days of intraveus vitamin therapy from a medical doctor in Re, Nevada. One year after diagsis she participated in a ten-day internal cleansing program in Hawaii. She also explored the psychological and spiritual dynamics of her cancer and was able to pinpoint a career disappointment and financial hardship as the life stressors that may have contributed to her disease. She also made changes in her diet and supplements and started a new career as a personal life coach.
- Author BiographySandra treated her stage I breast cancer as though it were stage IV. She used a systems approach to destroy cancer cells within her body and correct the deficiencies that created them in the first place. She continues to live a lifestyle that prevents a cancer recurrence and improves her health and wellbeiing. Sandra has successfully moved beyond a traumatic childhood and two divorces. At the age of 30, she began college. The women's consciousness movement inspired her to become more. After six years, she left school with a Masters of Education Degree in counseling. Sandra is the former executive director of a women's center. She also maintained a twenty year private practice as a body-centered mental health counselor in central New Jersey. Learning never stopped for her. She became an energy worker, hypnotherapist, and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) practitioner. She immersed herself in the human potential and transformation movement. She explored transpersonal psychology, feminine psychology and mysticism. As a result of her commitment to finding truth, she has become an intuitive with a deep spiritual connection to herself and life. Sandra currently offers coaching services and EFT consultations in person and on the telephone. She gives seminars, teleclasses and speeches on a variety of motivational and wellness topics and writes articles for newspapers, magazines and Internet websites. She feels fulfilled and energized when she is making a positive difference in someone's life. She thrives on inspiring others to become their best and accomplish the extraordinary.
- Author(s)Sandra Miniere M Ed
- PublisherIntegrative Wellness Expert
- Date of Publication26/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIntegrative Wellness Expert
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.