Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by 'a sublimely elegant historical velist as addictive as crack' (Daily Telegraph), the Inspector Troy series is perfect for fans of Le Carre, Philip Kerr and Alan Furst. Vienna, 1934. Ten-year-old cello prodigy Meret Voytek becomes a pupil of concert pianist Viktor Rosen, a Jew in exile from Germany. The Isle of Man, 1940. An interned Hungarian physicist is recruited for the Manhattan Project in Los Alomos, building the atom bomb for the Americans. Auschwitz, 1944. Meret is imprisoned but is saved from certain death to play the cello in the camp orchestra. She is playing for her life. London, 1948. Viktor Rosen wants to relinquish his Communist Party membership after thirty years. His comrade and friend reminds him that he committed for life...These seemingly unconnected strands all collide forcefully with a brazen murder on a London Underground platform, revealing an intricate web of secrecy and deception which Detective Frederick Troy must untangle.
- Author BiographyJohn Lawton worked for Channel 4 for many years, and, among many others, produced Harold Pinter's 'O Superman', the least-watched most-argued-over programme of the 90s. He has written seven novels in his Troy series, two Joe Wilderness novels, the standalone Sweet Sunday, a couple of short stories and the occasional essay. He writes very slowly and almost entirely on the hoof in the USA or Italy, but professes to be a resident of a tiny village in the Derbyshire Peak District. He admires the work of Barbara Gowdy, TC Boyle, Oliver Bleeck, Franz Schubert and Clara Schumann - and is passionate about the playing of Maria Joao Pires. He has no known hobbies, belongs to no organisations and hates being photographed.
- Author(s)John Lawton
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleInspector Troy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight365 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.