Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Janey has to leave her home after her stepfather beats her up so badly her mother fears for her safety, she finds herself in a children's home deep in the Sussex countryside. Unused to open space, fields and love she soons settles in and the friends she makes quickly become her new family. But, at the age of sixteen, Janey has to leave the home and is found a job in Balham as a housemaid. She feels abandoned again and the job is awful. Lonely and miserable, things get even worse when Janey falls ill with influenza and nearly dies. Although she recovers, Janey's situation doesn't improve until she meets Christy, a blind woman, and is employed as her companion. The two women become friends and when Janey meets Christy's son, Charles, she soon realises that she has fallen in love with him. But Charles is married and Janey fears that she will never find the happiness she has always longed for...
- Author BiographyElizabeth Waite was born in Tooting, South London and lived there until she was 34. During the war she worked as a bus conductress at Merton Garage and in 1956 she and her husband moved to Devon and bought their first guesthouse. She started writing when she retired.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Waite
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication21/11/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTime Warner Paperbacks
- Weight170 g
- Width107 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.