All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe<i> New York Times </i>bestseller<i> A Long Walk to Water</i> begins as two stories, told in alternating sections, about two eleven-year-olds in Sudan, a girl in 2008 and a boy in 1985. The girl, Nya, is fetching water from a pond that is two hours walk from her home: she makes two trips to the pond every day. The boy, Salva, becomes one of the lost boys of Sudan, refugees who cover the African continent on foot as they search for their families and for a safe place to stay. Enduring every hardship from loneliness to attack by armed rebels to contact with killer lions and crocodiles, Salva is a survivor, and his story goes on to intersect with Nya s in an astonishing and moving way.
- Author Biography<b>Linda Sue Park</b> is the author of Newbery Medal title <i>A Single Shard </i>as well as numerous other novels, picture books, and poetry. She lives in Rochester, NY, with her family, and has a friend who was one of Sudan's lost boys. His story was the inspiration for this book.
- Author(s)Linda Sue Park
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Notemaps
- Weight91 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.18
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.