All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionPsychological and educational researchers in the Scandinavian countries have cooperated in a research effort relating to children's learning disabilities for more than a decade. Support has come from the federal governments and other funding agencies in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark through the Secretariat for Scan- dinavian Cultural Cooperation. A number of independent studies have already been published, dealing with various aspects oflearning disabilities in the literacy skills of reading and writing. The largest and most comprehensive study was the Bergen Project, a longitudi- nal study of an entire cohort of children, with special emphasis on those who developed specific learning disabilities in reading and writing (dyslexia). These dyslexic children were studied, diagsed, and treated over a period of nine years, along with various control and comparison groups, which included a large subgroup with general learning disabilities (retarded). The Bergen Project involved the collection of volumius data. The children were identified by means of special diagstic tests and treated using remedial materials and techniques that had been developed to deal with various types of dyslexia. The ophthalmology team t only tested the children, but they also prescribed and provided glasses, and even performed surgery when necessary. The pediatric neurologists did general pediatric and neurological examinations, following up many of the cases with EEGs and CT (computerized tomography, brain x-rays).
- Author(s)Bjorn Karlsen,Hans-Jorgen Gjessing
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/09/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight551 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.