All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of the world's most scenic outhouses, paramic bathrooms and incomparable restroom views. Here is a collection of 77 of the most spectacular, intriguing and thought-provoking restrooms with views. Some are primitive outdoor facilities, where the view is the finest luxury, and many others are luxurious indoor lavatories with views t to be missed. Still others are bathrooms on the move -- in the air, in the water and on the ground. Deserts, forests and mountain ranges loom large, but so do historical sites, monasteries, research stations, transportation hubs and sports facilities. There are toilets for train enthusiasts, plane spotters and wildlife spotters, and at least 10 of them overlook World Heritage Sites. Photographs show the views as the user sees them. Lively descriptions and anecdotes add background, and country maps show locations. The facilities include: Spotlessly clean, fully flushable and unisex on Mount Fuji Front seat to the runway at Singapore's Changi Airport Outdoor communal toilet at a Buddhist monastery Cape Town, South Africa, overlooking Table Mountain (biculars included) Dune 45 in the Namibian desert Tengboche Monastery in view of Mount Everest Overlooking Hong Kong's vast harbor Beneath 24-hour daylight in Antarctica. The entertaining photographs in A Loo with a View take the concept of convenience to a new level. No two loos are alike and all are truly remarkable. After all, a toilet is a necessity of life -- matter where you are.
- Author BiographyLuke Barclay studied history at the University of Sheffield, England, before spending two years living in rural Japan where he taught English. He now works for the BBC.
- Author(s)Luke Barclay
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.