Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Kazuko Mobe was in elementary school in Japan, she was taught that Americans were oni, devils or demons. She thought they were cruel, scary people, but then she met her American-Japanese husband in Tokyo and when she came to America to live, much to her surprise, she found herself falling deeply in love with her adopted country. In her memoir, A Love Letter to America, the author shares personal stories about growing up in Japan, life during WWII, and her experiences since she emigrated to the United States. She eloquently expresses her admiration for the modern conveniences and techlogical achievements she w enjoys and the humanitarian spirit of her fellow Americans.
- Author BiographyKazuko Monobe immigrated to the United States from Japan in 1956. In 1964, she became a U.S. citizen. She earned a B.S. degree, summa cum laude, in Microbiology and other awards from Weber State University (Utah) in 1974. She earned an M.S. degree in Nutrition and Food Science from Utah State University in 1976. She is now retired and lives with her husband in Southern California.
- Author(s)Kazuko Monobe
- Date of Publication06/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.