All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA Maeterlinck Reader is a compilation of plays, poems, essays, short stories and aphorisms by one of the most important writers of the twentieth century, Maurice Maeterlinck. The editors have included, in fresh translations that convey Maeterlinck's revolutionary invations in theatrical language, selections that show facets both exemplary and extraordinary of this Nobel Prize winning author, the Missing Link of Modern Drama.
- Author BiographyMaurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949) brought Symbolism into the theatre, initiating a lineage of alternative modern drama that transformed the art form. He was also a revolutionary poet and influential essayist, whose subjects included the theatre, mysticism, and politics. His plays have been translated and performed all over the world and made into several films and operas. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. David Willinger is Professor of Theatre at City College and the Graduate Center, CUNY, and author of numerous books, anthologies, and articles on Belgian theatre and drama, most recently Three Plays of Forbidden Love by Hugo Claus (2007). He is recipient of Le Prix de Rayonnement a l'Etranger from the Belgian government. Daniel Gerould is the Lucille Lortel Distinguished Professor of Theatre and Comparative Literature at the Graduate Center, CUNY, and Director of Publications at the Martin E. Segal Theatre Center. He is editor of the journal Slavic and East European Performance and of the twelve-volume Routledge/Harwood Polish and Eastern European Theatre Archive.
- Author(s)Maurice Maeterlinck
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleBelgian Francophone Library
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDaniel Gerould,David Willinger
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.