All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fourth volume in a four-book set covering all Egyptian pottery, ranging from the earliest (Fayum A) ceramics to pottery made in Egypt today, organized by historical periods. The manuals are quick identification guides as well as starting points for more extensive research. For each period, ceramic types are illustrated with a line drawing, accompanied by a description that includes information on the pot's material, manufacturing techniques, surface treatment, and shape. Color plates of representative ceramic types are included to give the clearest sense of the color, composition, and surface treatment. All four volumes provide an extensive list of suggested readings as well as a bibliography for each period. Introductory chapters in each book discuss the basics of pottery manufacture and analysis. The first comprehensive guide to Egyptian pottery, this set will prove valuable to students as well as experienced field archaeologists. The volumes come in paperback and spiral-bound versions. The spiral bound versions, with hard laminated covers and tabs, are designed especially for the field and lab.
- Author(s)Anna Wodzinska
- PublisherAncient Egypt Research Associates
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAncient Egypt Research Associates
- Content Note52 col & 4 b/w photos, 16 col illus, line drawings
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.