All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of the USA Today and New York Times bestselling vel The Girl Who Came Home has once again created an unforgettable historical vel. Step into the world of Victorian London, where the wealth and poverty exist side by side. This is the story of two long-lost sisters, whose lives take different paths, and the young woman who will be transformed by their experiences. In 1912, twenty-year-old Tilly Harper leaves the peace and beauty of her native Lake District for London, to become assistant housemother at Mr. Shaw's Home for Watercress and Flower Girls. For years, the home has cared for London's flower girls-orphaned and crippled children living on the grimy streets and selling posies of violets and watercress to survive. Soon after she arrives, Tilly discovers a diary written by an orphan named Florrie-a young Irish flower girl who died of a broken heart after she and her sister, Rosie, were separated. Moved by Florrie's pain and all she endured in her brief life, Tilly sets out to discover what happened to Rosie. But the search will t be easy. Full of twists and surprises, it leads the caring and determined young woman into unexpected places, including the depths of her own heart.
- Author BiographyHAZEL GAYNOR is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of A Memory of Violets and The Girl Who Came Home, for which she received the 2015 RNA Historical Novel of the Year award. Her third novel The Girl from the Savoy was an Irish Times and Globe & Mail Canada bestseller, and was shortlisted for the BGE Irish Book Awards Popular Fiction Book of the Year. The Cottingley Secret and Last Christmas in Paris will be published in 2017. Hazel was selected by US Library Journal as one of 'Ten Big Breakout Authors' for 2015 and her work has been translated into several languages. Originally from Yorkshire, England, Hazel now lives in Ireland.
- Author(s)Hazel Gaynor
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.