All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducation without ethics, without sentiments, without heart, is simply soulless, factual academics and thing more. In his array of authentic essays, Ronald J. Pelias poetically evokes the spiritual aspects of life in a seemingly dispassionate field-the academy. A Methodology of the Heart presents a procession of situational compositions confronting matters such as family relationships, student/teacher communications, and general life at the university. In his comical yet candid book, Pelias depicts the emotional battle for understanding and honesty within the conventional boundaries of higher education. It introduces such subjects as autoethgraphy, autobiography, personal narratives, memoir, creative n-fiction, and performative writing. It is absolutely a crucial addition to all book collectors with autoethgraphic or communication interests as well as to the general reader attracted to daily life and higher education.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Pelias is a professor of speech communication at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. He is the author of Writing Performance: Poeticizing the Researcher's Body and Performance Studies: The Interpretation of Aesthetic Texts.
- Author(s)Ronald J. Pelias
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/05/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEthnographic Alternatives
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width164 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.