All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is designed to provide a comprehensive guide to students, researchers, or consultants who wish to carry out and to interpret analyses of ecomic performance, with an emphasis on productivity growth. The text includes an overview of standard productivity growth measurement techniques and adaptations, and data construc- tion procedures. It goes further, however, by expanding the tradition- al growth accounting (index number) framework to allow consider- ation of how different aspects of firm behavior underlying productivity growth are interrelated, how they can be measured con- sistently in a parametric model, and how they permit a well-defined decomposition of standard productivity growth measures. These ideas are developed by considering in detail a number of underlying theoretical results and ecometric issues. The impacts of various production characteristics on productivity growth trends are also evaluated by overviewing selected methodological extensions and em- pirical evidence. More specifically, in the methodological extensions, emphasis is placed on incorporation of cost and demand characteristics, such as fixity and adjustment costs, returns to scale, and the existence of market power, into analyses of productivity growth. These character- istics, generally disregarded in such analyses, can have very important impacts on production structure and firm behavior, and thus on ecomic performance. They also provide the conceptual basis for vii viii PREFACE measures that are often used independently as indicators of ecomic performance, such as investment, capacity utilization, and profit measures.
- Author(s)Catherine J. Morrison
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleBilkent University Lecture Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.