Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.69
About this product
- DescriptionA Midsummer Night's Dream's complexities are extraordinary. This ethereal fantasy involves four different levels of representation, which intermingle but never wholly fuse. This invaluable new study guide to one of Shakespeare's greatest plays contains a selection of the best criticism through the centuries about the play. Students will benefit from the abundant features included in this volume, such as an introduction by Harold Bloom, an accessible summary, analysis of key passages, and more.
- Author BiographyHarold Bloom is Sterling Professor of the Humanities at Yale University. He is the author of 30 books, including Shelley's Mythmaking, The Visionary Company, Blake's Apocalypse, Yeats, A Map of Misreading, Kabbalah and Criticism, Agon: Toward a Theory of Revisionism, The American Religion, The Western Canon, and Omens of Millennium: The Gnosis of Angels, Dreams, and Resurrection. The Anxiety of Influence sets forth Professor Bloom's provocative theory of the literary relationships between the great writers and their predecessors. His most recent books include Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human, a 1998 National Book Award finalist; How to Read and Why; Genius: A Mosaic of One Hundred Exemplary Creative Minds; Hamlet: Poem Unlimited; Where Shall Wisdom Be Found?; and Jesus and Yahweh: The Names Divine. In 1999, Professor Bloom received the prestigious American Academy of Arts and Letters Gold Medal for Criticism. He has also received the International Prize of Catalonia, the Alfonso Reyes Prize of Mexico, and the Hans Christian Andersen Bicentennial Prize of Denmark.
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteindex
- Weight603 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byProf. Harold Bloom
- Volume editorJanyce Marson
- Reading AgeGrades 9 and up
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.