All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDepression is one of the UK's leading causes of disability. One in four women in their 40s are prescribed antidepressant drugs BUT depression is a sign of malfunction of the body - t in the brain and it can be treated with simple lifestyle interventions. The UK's mental well-being is in a state of crisis - psychiatric drugs are overprescribed and the causes of depression and anxiety oversimplified as a genetic and brain malfunction. This book debunks the myths and sets out a natural cure for depression, proving that low serotonin levels are t the primary cause of depression, but that inflammation is the root cause and this can be treated by way of lifestyle changes. The book explores the truth about depression, including the latest science and how our genes express themselves through the food choices we make, as well as Dr Brogan's four-week plan with menus. Written in a lively style and laced with compelling scientific proof, this groundbreaking book proves that symptoms of depression are often markers of an underlying problem originating outside the brain which can be effectively treated without pharmaceuticals.
- Author BiographyDr Brogan is board certified in Psychiatry, Psychomatic Medicine and Functional Medicine. Brogan is an active speaker and lecturer whose private practice in NYC has a six-month waiting list.
- Author(s)Kelly Brogan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Thorsons
- Weight380 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.