A-Minute-A-Day Maths (Us ): 42 Photocopiable 1 Minute Mental Math Challenges. Using Precision-Teaching Principles, They Offer Focused Practice of Key Math Skills. a Fun Way to Harness the Co-Operation of Parents and the Enthusiasm of the Child. a Teache by Sheila Crompton (Paperback / softback, 1999)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionHomework without tears! If you are keen to help your child develop their mental maths skills, you will certainly find *A-MINUTE-A-DAY MATHS interesting. A-MINUTE-A-DAY MATHS [US] is t a scheme of work. It is a method of supporting/ fine-tuning the maths work already being undertaken at school. It provides useful evidence that a child really has achieved fluency in a particular skill. It is a -nsense way to harness the co-operation of parents and the enthusiasm of the child. The teacher/classroom assistant needs only A-MINUTE-A-DAY to monitor progress, thus preserving valuable teaching time. The book contains 42 photocopiable precision-teaching games, covering an extensive range of mental maths skills. Every game follows the same procedure and requires the child to give 30 correct verbal responses within 1 minute. No writing skills are needed. *A-MINUTE-A-DAY MATHS and its partner A-MINUTE-A-DAY PHONICS have been used extensively throughout the UK since 1999, in both Mainstream and Special Needs schools.
- Author BiographySheila Crompton was a primary school teacher in Manchester, England for 32 years. Her career in main-stream education began in 1965. During the infancy of her two children, she engaged in part-time remedial reading and home-tutoring and in 1981 she resumed a full-time career, teaching children with moderate learning difficulties It was during this period, that the concept of A-Minute-A-Day was born. In 1997, she retired with her husband to farm in Scotland. Since 1999, the UK editions of both A-Minute-A-Day Maths and A-Minute-A-Day Phonics have enjoyed widespread success throughout the UK thereby prompting the publication of US versions of both books.
- Author(s)Sheila Crompton
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/10/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.