All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe heart-tugging true story of how a baby gorilla found love in the arms of a surrogate mom When Umande was born, his mother didn t kw how to take care of him. So, he was hand-reared by keepers at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. For eight months, the keepers crawled on the ground with him to show him how to walk; coughed in his face to teach him discipline; and gave him happy gorilla grumbles to encourage him. But for Umande, something was still missing. Luckily, a thousand miles away at the Columbus Zoo, a mom was waiting just for him. This touching true story about finding a family will resonate with animal lovers and adoptive families alike. Share this book with fans of <i>Owen & Mzee</i>, <i>Tarra & Bella</i>, and <i>Knut</i>.
- Author BiographyMaria Faulconer has published fiction and nonfiction for children and adults, and her experience as an adoptive mom inspired her to write this story.She lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado.Susan Kathleen Hartung is the illustrator of many children s books, including Dear Juno, for which she won the Ezra Jack Keats Award. She lives in Brooklyn, Michigan.
- Author(s)Maria Faulconer
- PublisherDial Books
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width218 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Susan Kathleen Hartung
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.