All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- Description<b>Patrick Ness's #1<i>New York Times</i>bestseller w in a movie tie-in version with a striking new cover.</b> At seven minutes past midnight, thirteen-year-old Cor wakes to find a monster outside his bedroom window. But it isn't the monster Cor's been expecting-- he's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the nightmare he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments. The monster in his backyard is different. It's ancient. And wild. And it wants something from Cor. Something terrible and dangerous. It wants the truth. From the final idea of award-winning author Siobhan Dowd-- whose premature death from cancer prevented her from writing it herself-- Patrick Ness has spun a haunting and darkly funny vel of mischief, loss, and monsters both real and imagined.
- Author BiographyPatrick Ness is the author of <i>A Monster Calls, More Than This, The Rest of Us Just Live Here</i>, and the critically acclaimed and best-selling Chaos Walking trilogy. He has twice been awarded the prestigious Carnegie Medal and has received numerous other awards, including a <i>Guardian </i>Children s Fiction Prize, a Book Trust Teenage Prize, and a Costa Children s Book Award. Born in Virginia, he lives in London. Siobhan Dowd spent twenty years as a human rights campaigner for PEN and Amnesty International before her first novel, A SWIFT PURE CRY, was published in 2006. She won the Carnegie Medal posthumously in 2009 after her death at the age of forty-seven. Jim Kay studied illustration and worked in the archives of the Tate Gallery and the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, two experiences that heavily influence his work. His images for A MONSTER CALLS use everything from beetles to breadboards to create interesting marks and textures. Jim Kay lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Author(s)Patrick Ness
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.