Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt s September 1592, and the redoubtable Sergeant Dodd is still in London with dashing courtier Sir Robert Carey, dealing with the fall-out from their earlier adventures. Carey urgently needs to get back to Carlisle where he is the Deputy Warden; the raiding season is about to begin. However, there are complications. His powerful father, Henry, Lord Hunsdon (son of the other Boleyn girl, Mary, and her paramour, young Henry VIII) wants him to solve the mystery of a badly decomposed corpse that has washed up from the Thames on Her Majesty s privy steps. Meanwhile, although he hates London, Sergeant Dodd has decided that he will t go rth until he has taken suitable revenge for his mistreatment by the Queen s Vice Chamberlain, Thomas Heneage. Carey s father wants him to sue, but ne of the lawyers in London will take the brief against such a dangerous courtier. Then a mysterious young lawyer with a pock-marked face eagerly offers to help Dodd. Nobody kws who that balding young would-be poet and lover William Shakespeare might be working for. And then, just as Carey is resigning himself to the delay, the one person he really does t want to see again arrives in London to stir up everything.
- Author BiographyPatricia Finney has been writing since she was seven, writing novels and screenplays since the age of fifteen and a published author since she was 18. She has a degree in Modern History from Oxford University where she also met her late husband, American lawyer Christopher Perry. Since then, she has had a chequered career in which she has written a weekly column for a Fleet Street paper, edited a medical journal, won the top BBC Radio Drama Prize for her play A ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS, sold advertising, been a dreadful secretary, and most recently opened, run and sold a coffee shop called Words. She also lived in Spain for two and a half years. She has published fifteen novels, including three Elizabethan thrillers, two childrens books told by a dog (I, Jack series), the first books of the Lady Grace series for children and, of course, the Robert Carey series of crime novels set in Elizabethan England.At the moment she is researching the sixth Carey story, writing another Elizabethan crime novel, rewriting scripts and having a whale of a time broadcasting Word Warriors, a literary show on her local community radio station (www.thesourcefm.co.uk). Patricia Finney has been a published writer since before her first novel, A SHADOW OF GULLS, came out when she was 18 and won the David Higham Award. She studied History at Wadham College, Oxford and acquired an American husband who became an English barrister (litigation specialist). After a variety of jobs including editing a medical journal and writing a column for the London Standard, she did freelance journalism and wrote FIREDRAKE S EYE, the first of her Elizabethan spy trilogy. She had three children and moved with her husband to Cornwall in 1993. She began the Sir Robert Carey adventures at about the same time, but a long gap between A PLAGUE OF ANGELS and A MURDER OF CROWS was caused by a variety of distractions including children, dogs, cats, rodents, money, other books including UNICORN S BLOOD and GLORIANA S TORCH, and the illness and death from cancer in 2002 of her husband. Since then she has entertained herself by writing more childrens books, a contemporary novel and many spec screenplays, by living in Spain for two and a half years and by opening and closing a little coffee shop in Penryn, Cornwall.</p>She is now re-inspired and hard at work on another crime novel set in Elizabethan London while planning the next installment of Sir Robert and Sergeant Dodd s adventures at the Queen s court on progress in Oxford.</p>
- Author(s)P F Chisholm
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleSir Robert Carey (Hardcover)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Weight422 g
- Width140 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.