A Nation in the Red: The Government Debt Crisis and What We Can Do About it by Murray Holland (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionOur government debt is rising every day. Our population is shifting as more people retire and fewer are able to find work. Our social programs, including the Affordable Care Act, are only adding to our financial burden, and rising taxes are hindering ecomic growth. We are a nation in the red. A powerful wake-up call to leaders, investors, and citizens, this brilliantly researched book reveals the surprising truth about our national debt - and what we can do about it. You'll learn: how reckless spending by Congress has created a debt trap; how Obamacare will negatively affect health care costs and our ecomy; how Social Security really works - and why it's unsustainable in its current form; how changing interest rates could spell disaster for the United States; what America can learn from Europe's ecomic woes; what could happen if the United States defaults on its loans; what our government needs to do w to save us from collapse; and what you can do to protect yourself and your family. Written in clear, concise language and backed with ample data and sometimes shocking facts, A Nation in the Red presents a reasoned, straightforward approach to one of the most controversial issues of our time. You'll discover the fascinating psychological reasons that have helped create our debt trap, the staggering price of FDR's New Deal and LBJ's Great Society, and the real cost of entitlement programs like Medicare, Social Security, and welfare. You'll learn about the 2,200 federal programs that we're all paying for - and the truth about Bush-era tax cuts versus Obama's tax hikes. You'll also discover how the five most obvious ways to reduce debt may - or may t - be the solution to our country's problems. And most importantly, you'll learn how to protect your own wealth from the next financial crisis. Advance praise for a Nation in the Red: A Nation in the Red is the best-researched and most understandable explanation of how the United States put itself in the untenable debt position it is in today. Murray Holland has an extraordinary comprehension of the ecomic, currency, legal, and business problems facing this country. He has the kwledge to understand the extent of our problems and the wisdom to advise how to get out of the government debt trap. (Christopher Mahoney, retired Vice Chairman, Moody's Investors Service). A Nation in the Red is a must read to get a vivid picture of where our country is on the slippery slope to financial disaster and what must be done to reverse this fatal direction, creating a path to recovery and a promising future. (Jeff Heller, retired President and Chief Operating Officer, Electronic Data Systems Corporation). Murray Holland has an uncanny sense for business management, finance, and markets, both domestically and internationally. If he speaks, listen. There is body better than Murray Holland when it comes to progsticating finance and business matters. His vision has consistently - in some cases unfortunately - been right. (John Waller, Chairman, Waller Capital Corporation). A Nation in the Red is a complete, sophisticated review of all the ecomic, business, and currency issues we are facing w that the United States has one of the worst debt problems in the world. Murray Holland accurately analyzes our very few options for how we can get out of the trap our government has put us in. Read it! (Ray Washburne, Finance Chairman, Republican National Committee).
- Author(s)Murray Holland
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.