All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe life that inspired Beautiful: The Carole King Musical on Broadway. Carole King takes us from her early beginnings in Brooklyn, to her remarkable success as one of the world's most acclaimed songwriting and performing talents of all time. A NATURAL WOMAN chronicles King's extraordinary life, drawing readers into her musical world, including her phemenally successful #1 album Tapestry, and into her journey as a performer, mother, wife and present-day activist. Deeply personal, King's long-awaited memoir offers readers a front-row seat to the woman behind the legend. The book includes dozens of photos from King's childhood, her own family, and behind-the-scenes images from her performances.
- Author BiographyCarole King had her first No. 1 hit in 1961, at age 18, with -Will You Love Me Tomorrow-. Collaborating with former husband Gerry Goffin, the team went on to write more than two dozen chart-toppers, including -One Fine Day-, -The Loco-Motion-, -Will You Love Me Tomorrow-, and -(You Me Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman.- Her 1971 solo-album, Tapesty, won 4 Grammys, and earned her the record for longest time an album by a female artist has remained on the Billboard Charts (6 years), as well as the longest time holding the #1 position (15 consecutive weeks). King, in addition to writing more than 100 top-selling songs has recorded 25 solo albums. In 2007 she and longtime collaborator James Taylor reunited and recorded Live at the Troubadour. Released in 2010 the album debuted at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and The Troubadour Reunion Tour became the second highest grossing Tour of that year. She has won numerous lifetime achievement honors and has been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, -Hit Parade- Hall of Fame, and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Carole King continues to entertain audiences the world over. She released her most recent album in December, 2011, Carole King: A Holiday Carole, to rave reviews.
- Author(s)Carole King
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.