All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionAther classic from Russell Hoban and Quentin Blake, featuring a jam-powered frog and an eccentric headmistress ...as nutty and compulsive as ever. Fooling around as he loves to do, Tom invents a jam-powered frog, and he and his Aunt Bundlejoy Cosysweet take it out for a spin. When Captain Najork sees them hopping past his window, he and his hired sportsmen jump into their pedal-powered snake and set off in hot pursuit - bent on revenge after their earlier defeat at womble, muck and sneedball. Events, adventure and sheer craziness conspire to bring Tom and the Captain together at the local girls' boarding school, where Aunt Fidget Wonkham-Strong Najork is in the middle of a best-of-three arm-wrestling contest against the Headmistress ...and the Captain is finally reduced to eating swede-and-mutton slump after a very narrow escape indeed.
- Author BiographyRussell Hoban is the author of many famous novels, including Turtle Diary and Riddley Walker, which won the John W. Campbell Award for science fiction. He also wrote over 50 children's books, including such classics as The Mouse and His Child, The Sea-Thing Child and, most recently, Rosie's Magic Horse. Born in Pennsylvania in 1925, he moved in 1969 to London, where he lived until his death in 2011. Quentin Blake is one of the world's foremost illustrators, particularly renowned for his collaboration with writers such as Russell Hoban, Michael Rosen, Joan Aiken and Roald Dahl. His books have won numerous awards, including the Whitbread Prize, the Kate Greenaway Medal and the Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration. In 1999 he was appointed the first Children's Laureate, in 2005 was created a CBE and in 2013 received a knighthood for his services to illustration. He lives in London, SW5.
- Author(s)Russell Hoban
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width220 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.