Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis report presents results based on data from US local fire departments participating in a needs assessment survey. Public Law 106-398, Fire Investment and Response Enhancement (FIRE) Act, Title XVII - Assistance to Firefighters, recognized that America's fire departments provide service and protection with impact far beyond the borders of the communities that support them. In order to provide this service and protection with the effectiveness, speed, and safety that their home communities and the nation as a whole demand, many fire departments will need to increase their resources, in any of several categories. PL 106-398 created a fund to support worthy proposals to address these needs. But PL 106-398 also recognized that our current understanding of the magnitude and nature of fire department needs is t well defined. Furthermore, the rationale for Federal government assistance to meet these needs is also in need of greater definition, given the rmal presumption that routine fire protection is a local function, set to meet locally defined goals and supported by local resources.
- Author(s)Federal Emergency Management Agency,U S Fire Administration
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.