Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe world is reaching a nuclear tipping point, and a catastrophe looms. Even the United Nations can't seem to do anything about the threat. Given the circumstances, people everywhere need to unite to prevent a disaster. In this new study, peace activist R. B. Herath explains what's at stake and what everyday people can do to solve the problem. Here are some of the questions Herath seeks to answer: What are the major violent conflicts in the world today? Is there any guarantee that ne of the ongoing violent conflicts will deteriorate into a worldwide fiasco? If there is such guarantee, what needs to be done to prevent such an eventuality? Is there anything more to be done to ensure lasting peace on the planet? By taking steps to prevent tension from building up to a tipping point and by building a stronger system of checks and balances, it's possible to resolve conflicts at all levels through peaceful means. Join Herath as he seeks to change habits that promote war to habits that promote peace in the face of the present troubled state of the world.
- Author(s)R B Herath
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.