All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades, scholars have been urging a four nations approach to British history. Susan Kingsley Kent's ambitious and timely A New History of Britain since 1688: Four Nations and an Empire finally delivers on that promise. Ranging from 1688 to the present, the book covers developments in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, along with the British empire, providing a lively and often gripping account of the ever-changing conflicts that have characterized British history. In prose that is accessible and engaging, Kent t only includes the histories of the four nations of the British Isles and the vast overseas empire within a single frame, she also seamlessly interweaves the thematic concerns of her previous scholarship--gender history, environmental history, and imperial and colonial history--into the history of British politics, society, and imperial culture. The result is a brilliant synthesis.
- Author BiographySusan Kingsley Kent is Professor of Distinction in the Department of History at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Author(s)Susan Kingsley Kent
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.