CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a book written 3,500 years ago have to say to the modern world? In A New Look at Job, author David Faulkner shows how Job's teachings help us understand God's purpose for our lives. In this study of the English text of Job, Faulkner draws on a lifetime of study and preaching to help us appreciate one of the Bible's most complex books. He explains difficult concepts, discusses issues of faith and suffering, and considers such questions as: - What is the real meaning of Job? - What does Job say to those who teach that Job suffered because of his own sin? - How do the teachings in Job conform to the rest of scripture? - What does a careful study of the book reveal about the doctrines of certain prominent teachers today? In A New Look at Job, Faulkner explains that Job can be tough to translate, and it raises hard questions, but it also rises to tremendous heights. He shows that Job is an inspiring work of great beauty and demonstrates amazing insight into the ways of God, the splendor of his creation, and the condition of sinful, redeemed humanity.
- Author BiographyDavid Faulkner was ordained to the ministry in the Presbyterian Church in 1979. He has served churches in Illinois, South Dakota, Nebraska, New York, and Ohio and currently is supply pastor at Harrisonville (Ohio) Presbyterian Church. He is a graduate of Michigan State University, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div.) and the Ohio University (M.A., American History). Faulkner and his wife Dorothy live in Albany, Ohio. They have four grown children.
- Author(s)Professor of Strategy and Director of the MBA David Faulkner
- PublisherBookmark Publishing (NY)
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBookmark Publishing (NY)
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.