All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA New Jewish Thinking is a search for authenticity that combines critical thinking with a yearning for heartfelt poetics, because returning to religion with the hope of achieving some kind of redemption still needs to remain possible. This book explores how Ador's ruminations on the essence of music can lead to an understanding of how the metaphysics of music temporality can redeem thinking and thus religion. The author demonstrates that the return to authenticity can inform an integrated praxis of Critical Judaism. Increasingly, there is a growing sentiment that Judaism is in the midst of a theological crisis. By turning to Ador, Aubrey L. Glazer seeks to reinvigorate and revitalize Jewish thought for the 21st century. By scrutinizing one of the most important critical junctures in modern intellectual history, with Ador and the Frankfurt School, Glazer formulates new spiritual and intellectual guidelines for the a new Jewish thinking.
- Author BiographyAubrey L. Glazer received his PhD in Hebrew Hermeneutics from the University of Toronto, Canada. He is Senior Rabbi of the Jewish Community Center of Harrison, NY, USA.
- Author(s)Aubrey L. Glazer
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Jewish Thought
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.