All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn Alaska, somebody disappears every day. Hunters who head into the wilderness, fishermen who brave the great rivers, tourists who attempt to do both. In Aleut, detective Kate Shugak's park, people have been falling off the grid quite a bit lately. And as she and state trooper Jim Chopin are about to realize, it's got something to do with the recent discovery of the world's second-largest gold mine in their very own backyard. A hostile environment activist organisation has embraced Alaska's Suulutaq Mine as its reason for being, attracting more attention than many of the locals can tolerate. So it's almost a relief when Kate finally finds a body - this, more than politics, she can handle. Until the identity of the body vanishes too. Now it's up to Kate and Jim to dig deeper into the mining controversy and find the truth about what's going on in her homeland. Even if that means facing down the enemy who will kill to keep certain secrets buried.
- Author BiographyDana Stabenow is the New York Times bestselling author of the Kate Shugak mysteries and the Liam Campbell mysteries, as well as a few science fiction and thriller novels. Her book A Cold Day for Murder won an Edgar Award in 1994. Stabenow was born in Anchorage, Alaska and raised on a 75-foot fish tender in the Gulf of Alaska. She has a B.A. in journalism and an M.F.A. in writing from the University of Alaska. She has worked as an egg counter and bookkeeper for a seafood company, and worked on the TransAlaska pipeline before becoming a full-time writer. She continues to live in Alaska.
- Author(s)Dana Stabenow
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Kate Shugak Novel
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date06/11/2013
- Content Notemaps
- Weight163 g
- Width106 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.