All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to the measurement and observation of physical, biological, medical, ecomic, or social variables, the rmal distribution is the most famous and widely applied law standing behind random phemena. Often, being introduced as the important distribution, it is applied without a sufficient awareness of its statistical background and its limitations. This book reviews properties of the rmal distribution in between a probability theoretical and a data analytical point of view, and is directed towards readers with at least basic kwledge in probability and statistics. It can be used for self-study purposes, conveying statistical principles behind inference based on data analysis. Emphasis is laid on the practicability of the presented methods, being mainly confined to the analysis of a single data set. Numerous graphics and examples with real and simulated data are included to illustrate the discussed topics. Mathematical derivations of the results are omitted in general.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jurgen Gro studied Statistics at the University of Dortmund. After receiving his diploma in 1991 and his Ph.D. in 1994, he worked as a research associate in Dortmund. In 1999 he qualified as a university lecturer for Statistics.
- Author(s)Juergen Gross
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note13 figures, num. tables
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.