Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionPart one of this book, The Withered of Oz, is an autobiography of the author who, as a former Stage and Screen actor, director, producer and script writer, relinquished his career when his wife suffered a devastating stroke and he chose to become her full time carer. With approaching old age, the demise of his career and the restrictions forced upon him by his wife's condition he reviews his life since the calamity and examines his current philosophy and discovers a humorous if sometimes comically cynical attitude to his current unexpected situation. However he finds he still longs for a creative outlet to his talents and decides to become a velist. The result is part two of this book, The Twilight Escort Agency, a fictional story set in Surfers Paradise, on Australia's Gold Coast, about a mythical Escort Agency for the more 'mature' client looking for companionship. Wet Ink Magazine, reviewed The Twilight Escort Agency as 'A very funny book full of saucy and at times bawdy humour proving getting older doesn't mean being over it all and is sure to make you see that sweet little old couple walking down the street in a totally different light.' So in this edition you actually get two funny and sometimes touching and thought provoking vels for the price of one. An absolute bargain!
- Author BiographyBryon Williams, ex-stage and television actor, director, producer and script writer, is now settled on the beautiful Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, with his wife, Marie. His novels include: Code Name Millicent: The Cat Intelligence Agent Who Came Out of the Cold, a whimsical comedy about a feline secret agent sent on a mission to investigate the local drug trade in northern New South Wales; The Tourist From the Light, inspired by the readings of Edgar Cayce, a thought-provoking paranormal novel with an underlying, alternative, spiritual philosophy that could change mankind's thinking forever; and The Burning Boy, an action-adventure-crime novel that deals with the horrors experienced by an ex-Vietnam War cameraman caught up in a deadly people-smuggling racket in the seventies and, The Reluctant Psychic, a heavenly murder mystery. Bryon's show-biz career may be over but the creative juices continue to flow.
- Author(s)Bryon Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen Morgan
- Photographer(s)Ruth Jessop
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.