Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by self-described theatre junkies for those who love to read vels about the theatre, A Novel Approach to Theatre contains over 600 entries describing vels that have theatrical settings or in which characters work in the theatre. Excluded from the work are vels which inspired plays, and those titles set exclusively in the world of ballet, opera or film. A finding tool that is itself highly readable and fun, its entries are arranged under one of the following categories: bio-vels, classics, fantasy, historical vels, mystery, romance, westerns, and young adult. Extensive cross-references assist the reader in finding the primary entry for the vel. For ease in locating copies of the books, the authors have included ISBNs for all titles published after 1969 and format references for those interested in books on tape, film or video. Indexes identify vels by author, title and subject.
- Author BiographyLinda Sarver is resident costume designer at the Pioneer Theatre Company in Salt Lake City. She has designed and lectured internationally, and has been honored with an Emmy award for her contribution to the mini-series North and South. She is illustrator for the books Basic Acting and How to Read a Play. Tom Markus, Ph.D. is a director, actor, and dramaturge at the Pioneer Theatre Company. He has directed plays internationally, and has acted on Broadway, as well as in film and television productions. He is author of An Actor Behaves and How to Read a Play. Both Sarver and Markus are co-editors of Broadside, the annual publication of the National Theatre Conference, and are on the faculty at the University of Utah.
- Author(s)Linda Sarver,Tom Markus
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication06/03/1997
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.