A Novice's Guide to Speaking in Public: 10 Steps to Help You Succeed in Your Next Presentation' Without Years of Training! by Michael Lawrence Faulkner (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has one simple goal: to help you succeed in your next presentation or speech. You don't need decades of training to achieve this goal. You don't need the eloquence of Lincoln or Churchill or Martin Luther King. You just need to learn and practice 10 simple rules...and we mean simple. Michael Lawrence Faulkner helps you apply basic truths about human nature and nverbal communication to get your audience on your side, and keep them there-from the moment you walk on stage to the moment you leave. You'll learn how to prepare well, enter with confidence, own your space, and deliver a message that is clear and powerful. Nervous? Of course you are! Everyone is. But Faulkner shows how to make your fears serve you, t immobilize you. Imagining the worst? Everyone does. But, as Faulkner shows you, those disasters just won't happen. Made a mistake? Everyone will. But you can move right past it, like it never happened. Other public speaking books aim to make you brilliant...and they fail. This book aims to make you very good: better than most speakers. That's a goal you can achieve-and with Faulkner's help and a little practice, you will. Practical, simple ways to * Keep your language simple * Make your fears work for you * Prepare a conversation, t a speech * Walk with purpose and confidence * Make and keep eye contact * Own your speaking and your space * Igre your mistakes and keep going * Stop worrying about worst-case scenarios * Finish strong * Kw when to igre the rules
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Lawrence Faulkner is the author or coauthor of 17 books. He is a professor at the Keller Graduate School of Management at DeVry University and a former U.S. Marine. Michael spent 30 years in a variety of leadership and executive management positions with Fortune 500 firms and major nonprofit trade associations. He also helped run the family business before beginning his second career in academics more than ten years ago. Michael is a Rotary International Fellow and a member of MENSA. He holds a Silver Certification by the Toastmasters International and has won the Keller Master Teacher Award and the Silver Apple Award by the NYC Direct Marketing Association. In addition to his Ph.D., Michael has earned two master's degrees, one from NYU, and an MBA from NYIT.
- Author(s)Michael Lawrence Faulkner
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson FT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width164 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.