All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA Nurturing Blight is a qualitative study of one-room schools in a rural Virginia county. Susan M. Leist examines twenty interviews with people who attended or taught in these schools and analyzes them for traits that can inform modern education. These twenty voices give fascinating portrayals of school as a wonderful experience for both students and teachers, an experience quite different from most portrayals of modern schooling. They have much to teach us and much that modern teachers can integrate in their own philosophies.
- Author BiographySusan M. Leist is a SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor who teaches English at the State University of New York College at Buffalo. She has more than thirty years of teaching experience, primarily in higher education settings, and has been recognized with numerous teaching excellence awards. She is the author of Writing to Teach: Writing to Learn in Higher Education and Writing to Teach: Writing to Learn in Secondary School, both also from University Press of America.
- Author(s)Susan M. Leist
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight190 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.