All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate wisdom of Asia, brought to a focus in Zen House, is the realization that truth and reality must never be sought on the plane of opposition. It is the essence of idolatry to accord with what is less than the whole. Zen keeps humans away from the idolatry inherent in every form of partisanship. This sixteenth-century Chanjia Guijian (A Paragon of Zen House) has this distinct Zen spirit, which has been revealed in the eighth-century Liuzu Tanjing (The Platform Sutra of the Sixth Patriarch), the tenth-century Chuan Deng Lu (The Transmission of the Lamp), the eleventh-century Biyanji (The Blue Cliff Record), and the thirteenth-century Mumenguan (The Gateless Gate).
- Author BiographyThe Translator: O'Hyun Park is Professor of Philosophy and Religion at Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina. He received his Ph.D. in world's religions from Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In addition to numerous articles in professional journals, his published books are Oriental Ideas in Recent Religious Thought, Religions and the Life of Man, Essentials of Zen Buddhism, and An Invitation to Dialogue between East and West.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- Series TitleAsian Thought and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.