All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.21
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- Description1,500 km barefoot to Santiago de Compostela. 2002. Waking up naked next to a man she barely kws, after a night out of which she has recollection, Nastasha realises she has lost something she can never recover. And it's t just her shoes. Running away, she ends up following the old pilgrim's road from Arles to Santiago de Compostela, a 1,500 kilometre walk. But while walking helps her forget, she is troubled by disturbing dreams that seem to predict the future, and frightening visions of a boy crossing her path, in an apocalyptic landscape, in ather time. 1348. First to come down with the plague, Dominic survives to find himself alone. Nowhere to go, he stays on to help at the infirmary in Avign, where he feels increasingly lost and lonely. Blaming himself for his father's death, he sets off to Santiago, where his mother abandoned him at birth 13 years ago, in the hope of finding out who she was, who he is, and where he belongs. What starts off as a vague distraction for both, becomes a pilgrimage to their very soul, that will change the way they see the world and themselves. Though centuries apart, they share more than the unusual choice to go barefoot. More, in fact, than they may wish to find out...
- Author BiographyMade in Greece, born in Holland, raised in Mexico and educated in Australia, Marco Peel finished his studies in Belgium to work in the Far East, Europe and the Carribean. A few years ago, he left his shoes at home to walk the Camino de Santiago. Architect and composer, henow lives in Spain with his wife and two sons. A Parallel Path is his first novel.
- Author(s)Marco Peel
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.