All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the premise that movement is essential for life and any restriction will affect our health, visceral manipulation starts with the core, the viscera (organs), and extends throughout the entire body to address pain, structural imbalances, tensions, and restrictions. The practitioner uses specifically placed manual pressure that promotes rmal movement, tone, and internal movement of the organs, their supporting structures, fascia, nerves, and blood vessels. The ultimate goal is improved health by allowing the body to perform and move optimally. Illustrated with nearly 100 instructional photos and anatomy drawings, A Pathway to Health begins with general information about visceral manipulation, describing the method, goals, philosophy, and history of the practice. The book also explains the evaluation process and what a patient can expect to experience during and following a treatment session. Author Alison Harvey covers each major structure of the body including the organs, fascia, muscles, bones, and nerves, and discusses the causes of dysfunction. The second half of the book focuses on each system of the body, presenting physiological information and treatments as well as case studies. Harvey also explores emotional issues and their effects on the body and gives an authoritative summary of current research in the field.
- Author BiographyAlison Harvey is a trained practitioner in modalities that include chiropractic, applied kinesiology, craniosacral therapy, and visceral manipulation. She runs a multidisciplinary natural health center in the U.K. The winner of the Holm Award for her holistic approach to patient care, she lives in Ayr, Scotland. Foreword contributor Jean-Pierre Barral developed the visceral manipulation technique.
- Author(s)Alison Harvey
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note35 B&W Photos, 50 B&W Illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.