All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionMay 2003 is the 300th anniversary of the birth of John Wesley. This is a beautifully written biography intended for a general audience. While t at all hagiographical, the book leads one to admire Wesley immensely. He traveled throughout the British Isles more than anyone in history. Reviled early on during his plein air evangelical crusades, he became deeply loved in old age by all sectors of the population. While the book has a slightly British cast to it (which is unavoidable given the extent of Wesley's travels throughout Britain), it gives adequate coverage to his period in the American colonies.
- Author BiographyAndrew Clarke is Senior Lecturer in New Testament at the University of Aberdeen. His other books include: Secular and Christian Leadership in Corinth: A Socio-Historical and Exegetical Study of 1 Corinthians 1-6 (Leiden: Brill, 1993), and Serve the Community of the Church: Christians as Leaders and Ministers (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2000).
- Author(s)Andrew Clarke
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 362
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.