All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER From Danielle Steel comes a heartwarming and inspirational vel about a mother and daughter who face challenges, cope with celebrity, and overcome tragedy while maintaining the outward appearance of . . . A PERFECT LIFE The epitome of intelligence, high-powered energy, and grace, Blaise McCarthy is an icon in the world of television news, asking the tough questions and taking on the emotionally charged issues of world affairs and politics with courage and insight. A single mother, she manages her well-ordered career meticulously, always prepared on the air or interviewing world-rewned figures and heads of state. To her audience, Blaise seems to have it all. But privately, and off the set, there is ather untold story she has kept hidden for years. Blaise s teenage daughter, Salima, was blinded by Type 1 diabetes in childhood, and her needs have kept her away in a year-round boarding school with full-time medical care and assistance ever since. When Salima s school closes after a tragedy, Salima returns to her mother s New York City apartment, and suddenly they face challenges they ve never had to deal with before, and that Blaise feels ill-equipped to handle. A new caretaker provided by Salima s school creates as many problems as he solves. Handsome, accomplished, thirty-two-year-old Simon Ward, with strong opinions on every topic, questions how mother and daughter view themselves and each other. Simon opens new doors for both of them and refuses to accept Salima s physical limitations. He turns their world upside down, and the three become friends. Then everything starts to unravel and Blaise can t keep her two worlds separate anymore. A beautiful young anchorwoman is hired at the network; it is secret that she is being groomed to take Blaise s place. Her career as she has kwn it is threatened, and her previously well-ordered life feels totally out of control. For the first time, Blaise s life is t perfect, but real. In this unforgettable tale, the incomparable Danielle Steel has written a vel that pulsates with emotion and honesty as three people face the truth about themselves. A Perfect Life is about what we do when facades fall away and we can longer run from the truth. As old ideas fail, everything changes, and life is suddenly brand-new. Praise for A Perfect Life A classic Steel story, with a mother and daughter keeping up appearances as they overcome tragedy and learn a thing or two about themselves. Library Journal It s the lessons learned by the mother-daughter duo about love, loyalty and family that bring them closer together than ever before in Steel s latest heartwarming page-turner. Closer Weekly From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steelhas been hailed as one of the world s most popular authors, with over 650 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers includeCountry, Prodigal Son, Pegasus, A Perfect Life, Power Play, Winners, First Sight, Until the End of Time, The Sins of the Mother, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author ofHis Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina s life and death;A Gift of Hope, a memoir of her work with the homeless;Pure Joy, about the dogs she and her family have loved; and the children s bookPretty Minnie in Paris. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.