All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's most loved cruise lines, P&O Cruises can trace its history back over 175 years. Through an impressive and unique collection of imagery, this book details the history of P&O Cruises and explores the impact P&O had in shaping the British Empire. With a vast fleet of ocean liners that undertook voyages to all parts of the globe, P&O was instrumental in immigration to Australia and New Zealand, while acting as a gateway to the Far East and India. After the advent of jet aircraft, the venerable company reorganised their services to offer pleasure cruises. In Australia, P&O held a near mopoly during the 1980s and '90s, with their ships Oriana and Fairstar. Today, part of the giant Carnival Corporation, P&O Cruises remains an iconic barnd, offering British-based cruises, world voyages and a specialist Australian subsidiary that sails into the South pacific.
- Author BiographyChris Frame and Rachelle Cross are co-authors of several books, including QE2, QM2, QV and QE: A Photographic Journey and The Cunard Story. Rob Henderson and Doug Cremer are responsible for a significant maritime history archive and a large collection of unpublished images.
- Author(s)Chris Frame,Doug Cremer,Rachelle Cross,Robert Henderson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.