All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionA Pianist's Dictionary is an exploration of the world of the classical pianist and pia professor. The author deconstructs the many familiar words that help describe these worlds as well as their practitioners. Based upon a lifetime of experience as an active concert artist and college professor, this book will resonate with both past and current students of the pia and with music lovers with even a passing interest in these worlds. Written in an accessible style, A Pianist's Dictionary covers the pia world from accompanist to tone and voicing, and helps the reader understand the mysteries of practicing and the challenges of how to find a suitable pia teacher. Filled with amusing anecdotes and observations, this book is a welcome addition to the literature about pias and pianists.
- Author BiographyAlan Hersh is a pianist that has performed in solo and chamber music concerts throughout the United States. A graduate of the Manhattan School of Music and Indiana University, he has served on the faculties of Central Connecticut and Slippery Rock State Universities, and Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois. He is currently a professor of music at the University of Kentucky.
- Author(s)Alan Hersh
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication07/12/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Weight158 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.