CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionA Piece of Cobalt Sky offers visions of beauty that are concealed by mundane everyday life. This volume is written in free-verse, with subtle sound blending that is a fusion of organic rhythms with a stainless steel hint of acerbic modernity. It is reminiscent of Rimbaud, Dylan Thomas, Eugenio Montale, Rainier Marie Rilke, and Fernando Pessoa. Mike Burns weaves a tapestry of fantastic worlds and subtle paradoxes, built on a foundation of philosophical poignancy. He attempts to capture in word images signature moments and rare glimpses into the other world which hides behind the architecture of rmal life.
- Author BiographyMike Burns is a Captain in the United States Army and a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He has worked as a Radio DJ, Shoe Salesman, Waiter, and Oil Rig Roughneck. He has been writing poetry since the age of fifteen. This is his first published book of poems. Mike currently resides in Washington State with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Mike Burns
- Date of Publication12/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.