Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA Place Between Thoughts is an essential and invaluable visual resource of the artworks of Sheila Reid. Her large scale structures and Installations correspond to texts by art critics and curators. Also thoughts of the artist take you inside the creative mind and give you a very original look at the artist's journey and discoveries and how her artworks came into being. This book is a beautiful history of her work to date.
- Author BiographySheila Reid was born in Minneapolis. She studied at Wayne State University in the experimental Montieth College, then she studied drawing and painting at the Center for Creative Studies CCS in Detroit, Michigan. Later she studied sculpture at the Ecole National Superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, France. In 1972 she moved to Milan, Italy where she lived for five years. After that she lived two years in Austria and then in 1980 moved to Beaulieu in southern France. Each time she moved to a new country, she learned another language. She speaks four. Her artworks are in many museum collections around the world including the Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Musee d'Art Moderne in Saint Etienne, France, and in recent years her works have been exhibited almost exclusively in museums in many different countries including the USA, Canada, Great Britain, France, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Japan, Egypt and Azerbaijan. Sheila is author of the book Art Without Rejection published in 1993 and purchased by 105 American universities. It is a candid account of the artist's life and the creative process, a fresh new approach for eliminating rejection and creative block and increasing the artist's power of choice.
- Author(s)Sheila Reid
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.