Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAt last, here is an easy to read book written for owners or would-be owners of small alpaca herds. It covers a wide range of topics, from alpaca behaviour and farm layout to shearing and then using the fleece, from breeding and care of the new born cria to halter training and alpaca shows, and from the history of alpacas to yards and pens for handling them - there is even a chapter on taking great photos of them in the paddock. It contains such diverse information as transporting alpacas, understanding fleece test results, visiting rest homes, conducting spit offs, making felt from the fleece and much, much more. There is of course a chapter devoted to health which includes information on basic procedures such as trimming toenails, body scoring and worming, as well as an overview of some common ailments and associated symptoms. It is lavishly illustrated with large photographs, making it an ideal coffee table book or a perfect gift for the alpaca enthusiast.
- Author BiographyBorn in England, Cilla moved to New Zealand with her family in 1969. She started her working career as a school teacher, then moved into shopping mall management and eventually real estate. Currently she lectures in real estate for Unitec Institute of Technology in Auckland. She now lives on a small farm just north of Auckland and has owned alpacas since November 2001. A member of the Alpaca Association of New Zealand, Cilla has written articles on alpacas for various publications and her photos have appeared on the cover of the Alpaca Association's glossy magazine New Zealand Alpaca.
- Author(s)Cilla Taylor
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.