All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMelissa Stewart shares with young readers the basic facts about butterflies, including how they transform from caterpillars to butterflies, where they live, what they eat, and how they benefit plants and animals. Sidebars throughout the book contain information about how human action has harmed butterflies in the past, and the many ways people can protect certain butterfly populations, like by preserving forests and meadows and cutting down on pesticide use. Also included are pointers on how youngsters can help butterflies in their own neighborhood. Stewart reminds children of the interconnectedness of our world and shows how the actions of one species can inadvertently harm ather. Bond's realistically detailed illustrations highlight the diversity of the species, from the Schaus swallowtail butterflies in southern Florida to the endangered Mitchell's satyrs.
- Author(s)Melissa Stewart
- PublisherPeachtree Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitlePlace For...
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachtree Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Illustrator(s)Higgins Bond
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.