All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionArchimedes, the discoverer of the lever, said that if he had a place to stand, he could move the world. There is, of course, such place to stand. On 27th April 1521, however, a young monk from a small town in Germany declared before the powers of his day, who demanded that he take back his faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that his conscience was bound by the Word of God. Here I stand, he declared. A Place to Stand summarises the German reformer's life and topically treats his world view, inspiring readers to delve deeper into the man whose contribution to the betterment of the world, Life magazine in 2000 ranked as the third most significant of all time. Nearly five centuries after his time, we can see that Martin Luther indeed had a place to stand - and he did move the world.
- Author BiographyGene E. Veith is the author of over fifteen books and his Postmodern Times was honoured by Christianity Today as one of the top 25 religious books of 1994. He is Professor of English at Concordia University, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Gene Edward Veith
- PublisherCumberland House Publishing,US
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleLeaders in Action S.
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCumberland House Publishing,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width115 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.