Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn an idyllic village in south-west France, a web of lives interconnect, ready to unravel at the first touch. Alex is running from a teenage love-affair that went badly wrong at home in England. Julien, the retired village schoolmaster, is struggling with loneliness and insomnia. Pete has everything - a wife who loves him, an existence of ease and freedom - yet he's frightened of something. Magali wants so much more than the life her parents had. And Damien's angry with all of it. And then through their world passes a walker, or a pilgrim, on the old Santiago de Compostela pilgrim path. He accidentally moves a rock a couple of metres and continues on his way. And by the time he has travelled a few more slow days towards Santiago, the lives of every inhabitant of this small community will be irrevocably changed.
- Author BiographySusan Wicks grew up in Kent, but has lived in France, Ireland and the US. She is the author of two previous novels, a short memoir, six collections of poetry and a book of stories. Cold Spring in Winter, her translation of the French poet Valerie Rouzeau, was shortlisted for Canada's international Griffin Prize and won the Scott-Moncrieff Prize for Literary Translation. Her most recent book, House of Tongues, was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. She is married with two adult daughters.
- Author(s)Susan Wicks
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.