Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent I CAN report suggests that over 50% of children in England are starting school with some form of speech and language disability. The EYFS states that 'the development and use of communication and language is at the heart of young children's learning.' By combining theory with practical ideas, this book shows how the learning environment can be used to support the development of children's speaking and listening skills. With ideas for a cosy space to a space for digging book will challenge and inspire practitioners working in Pre-schools to create really effective 'places to talk'.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Jarman's background is in teaching. Until 2006 she was assistant Director at the Basic Skills Agency, working closely with the Skills for Life Strategy Unit, Sure Start Unit leading the 'Step into Learning' training and development programme. More recently Elizabeth developed the Communication Friendly Spaces Toolkit for practitioners and she now specializes in improving learning environments. She offers a range of training and development programmes which are currently being delivered across England and Wales.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Jarman
- PublisherFeatherstone Education Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitlePlace to Talk
- Place of PublicationLutterworth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education Ltd
- Weight101 g
- Width158 mm
- Height225 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.