Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by suzyqnot
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn <i>A Turn of Light</i>, veteran science fiction writer Julie E. Czerneda s first venture into fantasy, she introduced readers to Marrowdell, a pastoral valley that is home to a small pioneer settlement of refugees, lush fields of grain, enigmatic house toads and Jenn Nalynn, the miller s daughter. Jenn Nalynn turn-born. Though Jenn has always dreamed of venturing beyond this sheltered valley when she came of age, she is soon faced with the grim reality that for her, setting foot beyond Marrowdell s borders in the rmal way is impossible. Then Bannan Larmensu the truthseer who won Jenn s heart learns that his brother-in-law has disappeared in Channen, the capital of the mysterious domain of Mellynne. And when Bannan s young nephews arrive in Marrowdell in the midst of a devastating storm, he fears that his sister has gone in search of her husband, leaving her sons in his care. The law forbids the exiled Bannan from leaving Marrowdell and traveling to Mellynne to help his sister. At least, in this world. But as a turn-born, Jenn has the power to cross into the magical realm of the Verge and take Bannan with her. Once there, they could find a way into Mellynne, if they survive. The Verge is wild and deadly, alive with strange magic. Dragons roar and kruar wait in ambush, and t all the powerful turn-born who tend their world care for Jenn Nalynn. But Jenn is willing to try. Their friends Wisp and Scourge and the house toads offer their help. But what ne of them kw is that Channen is rife with magic that flows from the Verge itself. And t even a turn-born will be safe there.
- Author Biography<b>Julie E. Czerneda</b>is a biologist and writer whosescience fiction has received international acclaim, awards, and best-selling status. She is the author of the popular Species Imperative trilogy, the Web Shifters series, the Trade Pact Universe trilogy and her new Stratification novels. She was a finalist for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer. Her stand-alone novel, <i>In the Company of Others</i>, won Canada's Prix Aurora Award and was a finalist for the Philip K. Dick Award for Distinguished SF. Julie lives with her husband and two children in the lake country of central Ontario, under skies so clear they could take seeing the Milky Way for granted, but never do. You can find her at www.czerneda.com.
- Author(s)Julie E Czerneda
- PublisherDaw Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleNight's Edge
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDaw Books
- Weight272 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.