All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionAther classic is added to our Puffin Storytime? book-and-CD audio package! Puffin continues to update the Puffin Storytapes? audio program and convert the cassette tapes to compact discs! This season, we?re adding ather title to our list of Puffin Storytime? packages: Don Freeman's classic <i>A Pocket for Corduroy</i>. This Puffin picture book will be accompanied by a compact disc that features a professional reading of the unabridged story. Perfect for road trips or quiet bedtime reading, as well as story time, preschool, and home school, Puffin Storytime: <i>A Pocket for Corduroy</i> is sure to please children and parents alike.
- Author BiographyDon Freeman was born in San Diego, California, in 1908. At an early age, he received a trumpet as a gift from his father. He practiced obsessively and eventually joined a California dance band. After graduating from high school, he ventured to New York City to study art under the tutelage of Joan Sloan and Harry Wickey at the Art Students' League. He managed to support himself throughout his schooling by playing his trumpet evenings, in nightclubs and at weddings. Gradually, he eased into making a living sketching impressions of Broadway shows for The New York Times and The Herald Tribune. This shift was helped along, in no small part, by a rather heartbreaking incident: he lost his trumpet. One evening, he was so engrossed in sketching people on the subway, he simply forgot it was sitting on the seat beside him. This new career turned out to be a near-perfect fit for Don, though, as he had always loved the theater. He was introduced to the world of children s literature when William Saroyan asked him to illustrate several books. Soon after, he began to write and illustrate his own books, a career he settled into comfortably and happily. Through his writing, he was able to create his own theater: I love the flow of turning the pages, the suspense of what's next. Ideas just come at me and after me. It's all so natural. I work all the time, long into the night, and it's such a pleasure. I don't know when the time ends. I've never been happier in my life! Don died in 1978, after a long and successful career. He created many beloved characters in his lifetime, perhaps the most beloved among them a stuffed, overall-wearing bear named Corduroy. Don Freeman was the author and illustrator of many popular books for children, including Corduroy, A Pocket for Corduroy, and the Caldecott Honor Book Fly High, Fly Low.
- Author(s)Don Freeman
- PublisherPuffin Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePuffin Storytime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width168 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
- Format DetailsPicture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.