All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionA Poetics of Unnatural Narrative offers a collection of foundational essays introducing the reader to the full scope of unnatural narrative theory: its meaning, its goals, its extent, its paradoxes. This volume brings together a distinguished group of international critics, scholars, and historians that includes several of the world s leading narrative theorists. Together, they survey many basic areas of narrative studies from an unnatural perspective: story, time, space, voice, minds, narrative levels, realism, nfiction, hyperfiction, and narrative poetry. Rarely have these fundamental concepts been subjected to such an original and thoroughgoing reconceptualization. Much of the book is directed toward an investigation of experimental and antirealist work. Each essay focuses on texts and episodes that narrative theory has tended to neglect, and each provides theoretical formulations that are commensurate with such exceptional, albeit neglected, works. A Poetics of Unnatural Narrative articulates and delineates the newest and most radical movement in narrative studies. This anthology will be of great interest to students and scholars of narrative studies and of the history and theory of modern fiction.
- Author BiographyJan Alber is associate professor in the Department of English at the University of Freiburg, Germany. Henrik Skov Nielsen is professor in the Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Aarhus University, Denmark. Brian Richardson is professor in the Department of English at the University of Maryland.
- PublisherOhio State University Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTheory Interpretation Narrativ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio State University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBrian Richardson,Henrik Skov Nielsen,Jan Alber
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.