All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionOver 40 different forms of poetry are described and explained, along with meter, rhyme and other important concepts. A must for vice and professional poets alike!
- Author BiographyJack Huber was born in Southern California but now resides in Wichita, Kansas, with his wife, Nadyne, and their Cairn Terrier, Lucy. He is a Systems Analyst at Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport. Jack has several books of poetry and photography published and is a Staff Writer for Poetic Monthly Magazine. During his almost thirty years in IT he has had many articles explaining technology to the layperson published in various print and web magazines and journals. Jack had his first poems published at age 10 when his fifth grade teacher submitted two pieces that were accepted by a literary magazine. Since then Jack has written poetry off and on throughout his life. Jack began taking photos while in grade school with his first Brownie camera. It was given to him by his grandmother and used black and white film. As with his poetry, Jack prefers interesting takes on commonplace themes. Late in 2007, though unaware of the ancient art form, Jack began producing ekphrastic poetry, which is poetry inspired by a visual art, namely his photography. Since then, he has combined nearly 300 poems with photographs. Though each piece can stand on its own, both the poem and photo are enhanced through their pairing.
- Author(s)Jack Huber
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.